We are growing! We are now in search for a civil designer to join our team.
Education: Minimum 2yr degree in Civil Engineering Technology or similar field study
Adams and Hodge Engineering, PC (located in Clayton, North Carolina), has an immediate opportunity for a reliable, energetic, experienced Civil Designer. This fast growing and established engineering firms’ reputation is built on its design and engineering excellence. The Civil Designer position will include preparation of planning, design, permitting and construction documents. Project types will include: site development, water distribution and sanitary sewer collection, road design, grading, erosion control, and stormwater management. This position will require office and field work.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of residential subdivision development and commercial site design experience, including experience with storm water, erosion control, mass grading plans, public water, public sewer, and all levels of permit processing.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD (experience with Carlson Civil is a plus), Microsoft Office products and have experience in creating construction design/permitting documents.
- Maintain knowledge base of codes, regulations and guidelines relevant to required areas of specialty and appropriately apply this knowledge to consulting requirements for the client’s project requirements.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented, have a high level of professionalism, positive attitude and able to perform all work-related activities with the highest level of integrity.
- Must have a professional attitude, be a team player with the willingness to collaborate while having the ability to work independently.
- Must be a visionary thinker, have innovative ideas, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Knowledge of surveying principles are a plus.
- Must be able to walk construction sites and be able to lift/push/pull 25 lbs.
View application and other jobs available on www.adamsandhodge.com/careers/